Monday, October 29, 2012

Rattlesnake

My daughter was recently in the high desert of Northern New Mexico and spotted a small rattlesnake. Her picture of the creature made it look precious and beautiful like a small Turkish rug.

I have not made many snakes, finding them complicated and beyond my imagination but after seeing this one, I made "Gallopavo Unwinding." His body is wrapped in lead, then the diamonds are made up of blue tin, mountain bike tires and screws and bolts. His tongue is a cocktail fork and I used old beads for his eyes along with rusted stuff hanging off of him.




3 comments:

  1. Not scary to me, maybe because of its roundness. A strong design everywhere I look. Especially like the S curves, (of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice artwork. Pipe clamps can be used to hold them up.

    ReplyDelete